Should the Mentally Retarded be Executed?
Some of those who commit heinous crimes suffer from mental retardation or other mental disabilities. Almost by definition, they suffer from a diminished capacity to understand what they have done. Some states, however, allow them to be executed - but is capital punishment appropriate for someone who is mentally retarded?
Poll on whether the state should be able to apply the death penalty to the mentally retarded:
More User Polls:
- Agnosticism and Atheism Polls
- 2004 Election Polls
- Terrorism Polls
- Ethics and Morality Polls
- Science and Skepticism Polls
- Evolution vs. Creationism Polls
- Church and State Polls
- Religion and Religious Philosophy Polls