1. Religion & Spirituality

Every year America endures titanic battles between the evil forces of secular atheism and the virtuous forces of traditional Christianity. Lucky for us, the forces of evil have been making great strides in the goal to destroy American Christianity. Evil atheists have been achieving important victories on a variety of fronts across American culture. If this keeps up, our take-over of America is assured. We shouldn't rest on our laurels, though. The victories here should spur us on to further action and more accomplishments.

Read Article: War on Christmas Victories: Militant Atheists Victorious Against Christmas

Comments
November 26, 2010 at 1:03 pm
(1) IndianaJohn says:

I’m doing my part. This year, I’m not mailing a single Christmas card.

November 27, 2010 at 2:13 pm
(2) cag says:

So Austin, what other dreams have you had lately? Oh, sorry, I didn’t take into account your prescience and failed to realise that you were talking about 2050.

November 21, 2011 at 7:13 pm
(3) Cousin Ricky says:

I hope that day never comes, whether this year or 2050. I don’t think Austin looks forward to it either. (Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, Austin.) I think he was trying to show how we aren’t behaving, to drive home the point that Christian supremacists are whining about nothing.

The irony didn’t escape me that this behavior is how some Christians act towards non-Christians.

November 21, 2011 at 8:52 pm
(4) Austin Cline says:

I think he was trying to show how we aren’t behaving

Yes. Some people are incapable of comprehending satire. It’s like being color-blind, except that it’s an intellectual failing rather than a biological one.

November 29, 2010 at 2:23 pm
(5) Dean says:

Is immunity to sarcasm your special power, cag?

November 21, 2011 at 1:06 am
(6) Tige Gibson says:

Personally I love Christmas and never had any problem with it. On the other hand, the company I work for doesn’t use Christian-specific expressions around Christmas to avoid offending non-Christian clients and potential-clients. Taking offense isn’t unique to Christians, it’s common to all religions.

Atheists, not being a religious, are the least likely to be offended by religious holidays such as Christmas, Hanukkah, Ramadan, etc. as long as we are not forced to participate or subsidize them.

November 21, 2011 at 6:06 am
(7) Grandpa_In_The_East says:

Tige Gibison,

Isn’t it wonderful that you love Christmas and never had a problem with it. Do you want a medal or what? You are being somewhat negligent of truth when you say that others are not forced to participate in Christmas. Ever hear of social pressure? Ever listen to two or more months of the same elevator music?

For your edification, may I suggest the book “The Trouble with Christmas” by Tom Flynn. It will help you better understand Child Abuse of a different color. You can get a used copy on amazon.com fairly cheap. It would make a good Christmas present when you are finished.

Merry Xmas,

Grandpa

November 22, 2011 at 12:31 pm
(8) Gerald Vanderhoff says:

Actually, we are forced to participate. Name another religion’s major holy day where useful businesses are federally mandated to close. We cannot conduct business on Christmas, and so we are required to set aside the date in a very real sense.

November 21, 2011 at 7:08 pm
(9) Jerome says:

While this is amusing, I do have a concern that some Christian right-winger will take this and post this as something other than it is, that being a satire. One thing I have learned is that these people (especially when advocating creationism) will take any quote or writing out of context to fuel their theocratic agenda.

December 3, 2012 at 7:16 pm
(10) Jim G. says:

Austin, three questions:

1) Have we made much progress towards our long-range goals of having Darwin’s birthday celebrated instead of Christmas?
2) Since atheism is of course a religion, when can I expect to get tax-exempt status?
3) How is the coordination going with the other groups who have related causes? I am thinking in particular of the gay conspiracy to change the sexual preferences of all those straight children, and the carefully orchestrated hoax of global warming just because we hate business and anyone who has a job (they really have had a great year, what with getting 98% of all climate scientists to go along).

Thanks!

December 4, 2013 at 1:36 pm
(11) Grandpa In The East says:

I’ve thought about it for a year (and a day) and I have three answers for Jim G.