1. Religion & Spirituality

Austin Cline

Women Should Not Play Sports

By May 11, 2013

Softball
Softball
Photo: Iconica / John Giustina

Women's sports has been growing steadily over the past few decades, in large part because of government mandates that women's sports be funded equally at all educational levels. Some see Christians seem to regard this development as encouraging pagan and humanistic attitudes. Playing sports competitively prevents women from learning how to be meek and humbly serve their husbands.

If you think about the sorts of things which the most conservative Christians oppose (women in the workplace, women in the military) and the things which they endorse (women submitting to husbands, women learning to be humble), it would seem to follow logically that competitive sports would also be opposed. When you get right down to it, is there anything about competitive sports which would be consistent with the religious, social, and political agendas of conservative and fundamentalist Christians?

Scott Jonas wrote a couple of years ago:

One of the trends in schools is the participation in sports by women; therefore it shouldn't surprise us that so many Christian daughters today participate in sports. But is this really all that bad? For those of us who believe we should train our daughters according to Titus 2, 1 Peter 3, and other Biblical passages, my answer is "Yes, it is not good." I propose that sports greatly hinders the development of godly, Biblical, feminine character.

[T]oday's Christian women are often ill-prepared to be Biblically obedient wives and mothers. ... [S]ports prepare women to be more like men. Instead of spending all that time preparing our daughters as the Bible directs, we are training them to be like men so they can better compete with men in traditionally masculine roles - i.e., compete with them in the workforce, in politics, in the military, and in sports.

The Bible talks about women developing a quiet and gentle spirit; I think sports fosters anything but that. They instead develop a competitive and contentious spirit that will cause them to have great difficulty in their marriages. I already mentioned that the effort expended on sports will hinder the development of wifely duties around the home; even worse is when a man has to compete against his own wife in the workplace and community.

I also notice when driving by our public school grounds and sports fields another phenomenon taking place: the young girls are trained in sports right along with the boys. To me, this can only be degrading to the boys. ... I read about one school where the boys refused to wrestle the girls and forfeited their matches; there could be no greater embarrassment to them than to lose to a girl, not to mention it likely violated their sense of masculine chivalry. So not only is female sports participation degrading the feminine nature of women, in many cases it degrades the developing masculinity in boys.

Is the above satire or genuine? Admit it, you aren't sure -- and that's probably the saddest thing of all.

Comments
June 24, 2008 at 8:19 am
(1) Aimee says:

Oh Dear. This is chauvanism at its finest. I have ALWAYS been the sporty type, but with no encouragement and active DISCOURAGEMENT, it was not pursued. Myself and my two siblings all began to show an active interest in martial arts at an early age- my parents attitude?? my siblings WERE allowed to go, I was FAR TOO DELICATE and should do something gentler. I was the first of the three two get off my backside and go to martial arts class. my siblings followed more from force by my parents-they both left within months. I stayed for seven fantastic years and loved every second of it. My younger brother is 6ft 2, i am a good foot shorter- i remember taking care of my brother when he was being picked on- something he is eternally grateful for.
My answer to all men who think women should not play?- Get over it!
I am stronger, faster and healthier than any of my overweight family, the only woman that plays sport and the only one to never have a miscarriage. I have muscle tone, but im not a big hulking monster! Meek and mild?? Every man that i know loves a woman with some self confidence.

August 10, 2008 at 5:34 pm
(2) Chris hart...a male says:

Hi i think your horribly wrong… the christian bible was written by men…. so owuld obviously create the idealistic sex for them… someone to look after the house/children and give them what they want and when they want…

anyone that could actually agreee with you is completly stupid ! ……

any women that actively participates in sports is healthier !!! … and i’d be willing to bet that you ytourself are rather overweight and unift… more jealous that there are women that have succeded where you have failed….

thanks for your tiem :D

May 30, 2009 at 1:36 am
(3) Furious Female says:

Im an atheist for a reason.
and this is it. stupid sexist beliefs. who says women cant be like men??
i completely agree with Chris Hart
thankyou
these beliefs that women should stay at home and take care of the family are ancient. Times are a changing!! its time to get with it and make everyone equal.

June 12, 2009 at 2:58 am
(4) SOA says:

I honestly got really scared when I read that. A woman can do anything her heart desires. Whether its staying at home and taking care of the kids or in a boxing ring kickin’ ass. Also, no man should be afraid to compete with a woman unless he is scared to lose.

December 2, 2009 at 11:48 am
(5) Natalie says:

Right on, SOA!

If I could, I’d give you a delicious cookie for your epic post.

March 20, 2010 at 1:57 pm
(6) Sports Fanatic.. a female says:

wtf, scott jonas and Austin!?!?!? seriously, so what if girls play with boys? So what if girls aren’t being feminine? As SOA said, we can kick ass if we want to!
Thx a lot!

PS. it is the 21st century, and we DO NOT serve our husbands!!

March 24, 2010 at 7:42 am
(7) Summer Scott says:

Wow…women have been competing in sports for a LONG time…I’m a woman wrestler, I have gained many titles, I have wrestled for not only high school but also for colleges. You do realize women wrestled along side men as far back as Sparta and ancient Greece. They also fought along side men…This isn’t just a recent occurance. And it’s isn’t an embrassment if a man or boy loses…women are competitors just as men…you realize there isn’t really an difference biologically between a man and a women…we all start out the same, we all have the same hormoes running through or bodies. the only reason why there is this notion that it’s bad to lose to a girl…is because of a social stigma…because there are people like yourself in the world that believe there is some type of difference..when in all reality there really isn’t. except for the fact that we can bare children and you cannot.

April 12, 2010 at 8:32 am
(8) iwanna puchyaface says:

ur an *** hole women can do everting guys can but better. we should have equall rights. in the bible it says that men and women are created equally. we can play sports and still serve our jusbands. serving our husbands is not our only thing we should do in life.

May 19, 2010 at 10:10 pm
(9) Idiotseverywhere says:

Feminism is freakin’ everywhere…it’s annoying. Rights! Rights! Rights! Get over it.

May 19, 2010 at 11:17 pm
(10) iwanna punchYOURface says:

Constantly yelling for “rights”. May I ask what those rights are? Men and women are equals but Eve was created as Adams help mate because man shouldn’t be alone. Women are to obey their husbands and men should protect and cherish them. Yes serving husbands isn’t the only thing… making and raising more human beings is another. Not half-assing it because you wanna play competitive sports or have a career.

February 3, 2011 at 7:26 am
(11) Sally says:

Your rant is satire, right, iwanapunchYOURface?

Any man who tries to make me ‘obey’ him or be an incubator for his disgusting sprogs will find himself wearing his dangly bits around his neck on a string!

June 1, 2010 at 5:19 pm
(12) Rubyfruit says:

Re: Scott Jonas’s rant up there:

Is that satire? I want to believe that it’s satire, because there is no way that anyone would think that girls training in sports with boys is “degrading” somehow (at least, not when I was in high school). I myself don’t play sports because it’s never been my “thing”. But hey, anything that teaches girls and women that their bodies can be powerful and that it’s not always bad to be competitive is cool in my book.

~Jordi

June 2, 2010 at 9:37 am
(13) Deb says:

Back when I was married I was the good little housewife serving my husband. What did it get me? A adultrous husband and when I was left to support our children I had no business skills to get a job and no support as my husband was tired of “doing all the work to support us”. A career stay at home mom does not prepare you to work for income and to expect the man do shoulder all the financial/emotional responsibility is cruel. The word “helpmate” means just that, a partner to help, not to just take orders.

June 2, 2010 at 8:21 pm
(14) Nick4693 says:

First off, DUMP THE BIBLE!
What is it, anyway?
An antiquated book of mythological nonsense filled with silly, antiquated ideas written by “men.”
Religion was (and is) the priesthood’s way of subjugating others, that is, both men and women.
Just ignore it! Then get on with your life and enjoy sports to your heart’s content!
Life is so short, but sports can prolong it, and there’s no second chance!

July 26, 2010 at 10:13 pm
(15) ithinkyouareinsecure says:

so…you sound ignorant.

who the HELL are YOU to tell women what to do with their lives? who are you to tell women what their potential is? if you ask me i think you are insecure. you seem to be obsessed with the fact that we are your servants, that you are most powerful, that we women must abide by your ideals.

well, scott, you are probably a washed up friendless loser whos mother or father left him when he was young. yoiu werent brought up right, and you have no respect for women. fu** off, get off the couch, and get out every once and a while so you can experience the world. you’ll most likely see women coming home from work, and –although it might be a shocker to the eyes– women coming home from wokring out!!!! mind blowing ideas

August 9, 2010 at 3:50 pm
(16) mk says:

Women should be considered equal and beaten up as such

January 6, 2011 at 9:11 pm
(17) Jeremy says:

I agree with all of you that this is nonsensical, sexist drivel based on outdated writings. However, you’re only kidding yourselves if you think women can even come remotely close to competing with men. There is a HUGE difference: men and alot of testosterone while women do not. The only reason women’s leagues of any sport exist is because no single woman has ever been able to hang with the men at the highest level. At amateur levels, men still dominate. Women can compete among each other all they want, but you’re delusional if you think they can compete with men even half-way decent at their sport of choice.

January 25, 2011 at 11:37 am
(18) Joyce says:

Right on..my sentiments exactly….I want my granduaghters to be proud of their feminity…and although God created the sexes differently physically, His plan was so they would compliment each other mentally and spiritually.
Our Lord created Eve from Adams side, He created women so man would have a helper, not another man, not one to compete with, etc, etc, but one who was equal in respect, but different in the role she would play out in God’s bigger plan. Today, women are no different than men, they look like men, they act, talk, and work like men. And where has it gotten women..they are more depressed and unhappy then ever, bringing down society, instead of being the pillar and strength for the human race. That is a very high calling for women to achieve. Unfortunately, most who were against you, sound bitter, resentful and unhappy in their feminie identity….P.S. Sports also degrade womens bodies, in the attire they wear and even some of the moves, as in Cheerleading and gymnastics, that are indecent and immodest. Competitive sports DEGRADE WOMEN!

February 15, 2011 at 4:39 pm
(19) Joline says:

amen to that!!
I hate the fact that so many people clearly take the Bible out of context.
Women and men are equal with their husbands so they should be able to do everything the men do??
or even saying men are superior to women??
it frustrates me!
But I completely agree with you (and Scott Jonas) that competitive sports are degrading and immodest!
I’m glad to find someone of like mind on here! :)

April 23, 2011 at 4:19 am
(20) Sally says:

Yes indeed, I work like a man and I am lucky enough to live in a country and work in a profession where it is mandatory that I get paid like one. I can certainly choose to talk and act in the swinish fashion that your ideal ‘man’ would.

However I most definitely don’t look like a man or walk like one – no man could look as good as I do in a dress (or a cheerleader’s outfit). I can do everything a man can do – backwards and in high heels.

I was created by my mother and father, and moulded by the society in which I grew up. I am the product of millions of years of physical evolution and thousands of years of social evolution, not the result of ‘creation’ a few millennia ago by your invisible friend.

I am a pillar of strength because I have had to face the ignorance of people like you. I am strong in my conception of my own self-worth and, yes, in my ‘feminine identity’ but not because of your invisible friend’s “greater plan.”

I am also a lesbian and a communist – I defy your invisible friend’s strictures on sexuality and scoff at your church’s fawning accommodation to capitalism.

I used to play sport. It did not ‘degrade’ my body – a nasty disease called MS did … and that’s not down to your invisible friend either, Joyce.

I am neither particularly depressed nor am I particularly unhappy, except when I am confronted by bigots like you.

January 28, 2011 at 2:49 pm
(21) Todd says:

That’s a funny thing to say given that athletic women are generally happier, more successful and less likely to take abuse from a man.

January 28, 2011 at 10:52 pm
(22) MaryL says:

Men and women compete equally in many equestrian sports: show jumping, dressage, racing, etc. (There are probably other sports as well.) Anyone who thinks women aren’t competitive is trying to live in a fantasy world. I no longer play sports, but when I play cards or other games, I strive to win, by any and all legimate means. As did my grandmothers, mother and aunts. My female cousins, like me, play to win. I can also say this about my male relatives. I don’t care who my opponents are – it’s a competition, I play to win.

The least compettive person I’ve known was a man. I’m not dissing him, some people just aren’t competitve. He was a major contrast to everyone else I’ve ever known.

I wonder about those men with such fragile egos that they can’t stand competing with women, much less losing to them. What in the world could they be afraid of? If they can’t handle defeat, they have no business competing. Maybe they’ve never been taught about accepting a loss,
or they’ve chosen to never learn this on their own. It’s a good lesson because it makes us more mature.

No different from men? It is to laugh. I’m currently unattached but my my former boyfriends were very certain that I was a woman. I call them boyfriends, but they were men who understood that women are not little girls who must be told what is best for them.

February 6, 2011 at 9:19 pm
(23) Yourfavoritefeministcatholic says:

I am a catholic, and I do not believe in any of this nonsense! I will never humbly serve my husband. I will love him and will make all desicions equally! If I may be so blessed to be given children I will teach both my sons and daughters to cook, and I will hope that my husband will teach both our sons and daughters to do yard work. I will also encourage my children regardless of gender to go out for sports. Now I do believe that men are phisically stronger then women but I do not believe that boys are stronger then girls which is why boys and girls should be able to compete against eachother. Heck, large women should be able to compete against sports to because they could and can handle it!
As for the “not to mention it likely violated their sense of masculine chivalry.”
I say screw chivarly! Women do not need to be taken care of they need to be treated with respect. I will never teach my suns to open doors for women because we can do it ourselve’s!

April 2, 2011 at 11:19 pm
(24) FOD says:

Of course women should not play sports. They are boring to watch because they suck. Any sport a woman can play, a man can play 100 times better. I am not saying that all men are better than women at sports, but Michael Jordan is far, far better than the best woman. An average NBA player is far better than the best WNBA player.

So women should not play sports because no reasonable person cares. Do something valuable with your time.

April 9, 2011 at 12:40 pm
(25) Steph says:

Ladies,I think we may have found another “dateless wonder” here to add to our already foot- long male blacklist.

March 13, 2012 at 9:41 am
(26) Val says:

First off, let me tell you who I am.
First and foremost, I am a Christian. But I am also a scientist, a rugby player, and a woman.
The logical fallacies produced by both Mr. Scott Jonas and Mr. Austin Cline are products of false authority. What credentials does Mr. Jonas hold that even suggests that he knows what he is talking about?
In Galatians 3:28, the bible DISTINCTLY states,
“There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for ALL of you are ONE in Christ Jesus.”

So why do some men suggest that the Bible says otherwise? We are not held by the yokes of the Old Testament.

Now, as a scientist in the Biology field, there are a few things that people are consistently getting confused with.

—Albeit men and women have different hormones, such as estrogen in females and testosterone in males, the muscular physiology is the same. Men and women alike can build the same muscle mass with the same effort. Sure, testosterone does help build muscle mass faster, but, let’s face it: It’s the protein intake and proper exercise that really builds those biceps. I’ll restrain myself from giving the exact molecular processes.—

Now, as a rugby player, I used to play with guys. In the States, rugby is a lot less prominent, so to find a team is rare, let alone a girls’ team. It was uncomfortable at first, but the guys warmed up pretty fast and I earned their respect after a few good rucks and quite a few tries. See, in rugby, size can be quite a useful aspect, but speed is what really does it. One of the best players on my team was a fly-half who was shorter and smaller than me – he tackled the best and got the most tries. I did do weight training, but, to keep up with social looks, I’ve maintained my lean state, but while still stronger than most females.
And lastly, as a woman, I need respect for myself. If I’m strong mentally, physically, and spiritually, I will be a human in equilibrium.

Thank you.

March 14, 2012 at 5:59 am
(27) Austin Cline says:

Funny how you can’t point to any logical fallacies I committed – especially given that I only wrote five sentences.

Or did you think that because I quoted Jonas, I therefore agreed with him?

May 5, 2012 at 1:46 pm
(28) Samantha says:

How could you say that! Women can do anything! We can do whatever we please. We are just as powerful as men. We are the reason the world is still around. Without us, ALL you men would be dead. Literally. We can give birth. So don’t you dare tell us we can’t play sports. And don’t use the bible as a reference, is was written by men. SEXIST much?

August 5, 2012 at 12:25 pm
(29) Dreika says:

I am a woman. I agree 100% with this article. We are making women into men. We demonize children and family,and are teaching women that having a child and wanting to be a wife and mother is the worst thing they can do, and will surely ruin their lives. We are teaching them to avoid pregnancy like the plague,and having a baby is now treated like a disease to be prevetned and “cured.” If a woman wants to be a homemaker and be there for her family and husband, and enjoys fulfilling that role, she is demeaned , mocked, and ridiculed as being “weak” and “ignorant.” Women always attack her and try to coax her out of the home and encourage her to leave her husband and children, and ” go to college and try out new things.” A woman wanting a family, loving her husband, and providing for her children is what she is supposed to do. Nothing is harder work, and more rewarding and purposeful then raising and rearing children, and creating a solid home with a foundation of love, respect, and faith. Homemakers have a much harder job and more responsibilities than any ball-busting, man-hating, short haired, power walking, liberal, feminist, lesbian CEO, or female gynecologist who is using her practice as a platform to teach young women to use birth control so they can be promiscious as they want without accountability, and filling their heads with the silly and unfounded idea they need some new vaccine to protect themselves from men, because when they get married someday their husband will give them cancer. Women are being taught in one aspect to hate men, but then being taught to be nothing but sexual pawns to men and “prepare” themselves to be that way by using contraception and getting vaccinated. It is all very twisted and contorted, and doesn’t follow any lines of reason or intent. It is all about trying to destroy and dismantle the home and family. We are in a sad state of affairs.

August 6, 2012 at 9:15 pm
(30) Austin Cline says:

I am a woman. I agree 100% with this article.

Yet you can’t provide any empirical support for your claims. Or the claims in the article.

We are making women into men.

Prove it.

Prove it. Cite your evidence.

You should jealous.

You mean, your comment?

September 14, 2012 at 8:35 am
(31) Christine says:

Jonas and Cline probably got beaten by a couple of girls, and haven’t yet managed to untie the wads in their panties over this.

September 15, 2012 at 8:48 am
(32) Austin Cline says:

Yeah, that’s an excellent explanation for why a person would support women doing sports. You really hit the nail on the head, you did.

October 28, 2012 at 11:00 pm
(33) Scylla says:

Yo dude 21st century here I think u need to learn that women are just as good as men like they didn’t know in the centuries before because u r really sexist

May 8, 2013 at 9:15 pm
(34) Anonymous says:

I am a Christian, and a female student in middle school.
I’ve seen a lot of comments here criticising the Bible. I understand that you think it is sexist, some parts of it are. But this is all based in the old testament, and while it should be noted, most of it should not be taken word for word. The New Testament is the section you should pay more attention to.

I am not a particular fan of sports, except for swimming, but I believe it is every woman’s right to play sports. We were given the decision to do as we wanted, though most have not honoured this very much.

You can blame the bible all you want, but really, everyone back then was like that, christians and non-christians alike.

May 9, 2013 at 8:57 am
(35) Austin Cline says:

Why not? And how do you tell which parts should be taken “word for word” and which not? What are your standards and where do those standards come from?

The New Testament is the section you should pay more attention to.

You mean, the section which asserts that women should not instruct men or have authority over men?

Yet most others haven’t held on to holy books telling them that this situation is the “will of God”.

May 11, 2013 at 3:30 pm
(36) Cousin Ricky says:

I’m reading these comments, and I’m just totally amazed at how many people come away thinking that Austin agrees with Scott Jonas. Where’s the reading comprehension?

May 11, 2013 at 7:37 pm
(37) Awua says:

Look at all the stupid people who don’t realize that Austin Cline is merely posting what this sexist christer scum has to say. CLINE IS NOT SAYING IT HIMSELF. HE IS CRITICIZING CHRISTSCUMBAGGERY FOR SAYING IT!

Good grief, are all of you who thinks this is the position of Cline a bunch of frickin’ idiots?

May 15, 2013 at 8:15 pm
(38) melissa_eder says:

I am a atheist and a feminist and I an transfluid. I find this whole women can’t be as good as men insulting. Women should not ever have to fulfill a gender role, or act a certain way. Women should not have to dress or help a man ever. Its utter bullshit. And yes women should not have to have children or ever be a helpmate to a man. It damn right insulting to both men and women.

I felt literally sick at the ignorance displayed here. Women’s sport is boring? Its societal attitudes that women can’t possibly compete with men that makes so many have that attitude. I used to do karate, and I could beat just about all of the males. I could and did stand up to guys or were well over 6 foot and muscled. I am 5 10 but stood up to guys almost twice my size and belted the you know what’s out of them. I was never frightened or scared to take a punch, they never went easy on me, I got punched and kicked just as hard as the men did and took it.

I feel sick at the religious wingers for lack of a better word coming on here saying women should have different roles! Crap. Women and men should have exactly the same roles, while yes we have some differences, they really should not and don’t matter. Men are just as good at staying home and being the woman’s helpmate as the other way around.

The idiots trying to assign men only certain roles and women certain roles are dehumanizing and insulting. Women and men can have exactly the same roles do the same things, strength or size are not the only things you know.

May 16, 2013 at 3:31 am
(39) Tamara says:

Im a Christian woman and naturally feminine.
I also enjoy sports and am an avid Table tennis player. I belong to a few table tennis clubs and although a few women play, Im oftentimes the only female.
First, I love the game and would never give it up willingly. From my experience, most of the men enjoy playing/competeting with me and there’s always a lot of fun and laughter.
If I win, I don’t lord that over them unless it’s in a teasing/playful way which they enjoy because table tennis guys usually are intelligent/spry with dry senses of humour. But I understand men and women are different (most of them are good natured but they do naturally get angry if they lose..which doesn’t bother me unless they show bad sportsmanship.
We have a mutual respect for eachother because we share the same passion and one of compliments i hear is “she never gives up!”
This means alot to me since I know I ve cultivated this qyality because my Christian walk.
Everyone’s brain chemistry/gifts are unique and I know I wouldn’t be
living my destiy completely before the one who made me if I didn’t honor those gifts in some way.
The Bible gives examples of women who who were strong yet feminine. Deborah was a leader of Israel and also a prophetess (and a
wife). Women prophets, woman musicians, and Im sure women scientists, mathmaticians, astronomers the list goes on and on.
Jona’s points do have some validity though, and I understand where he’s coming from, but the issue stems from the heart and spirit ..from the inner man and woman.
If a woman’s heart is right with God He’ll help her to find her healthy balance between her feminine and masculine attributes that will give honour to her Creator, herself and to others
And a man who understands this is already the man he’s supposed to be.

Im sorry, but the Bible never saing about women playing

May 16, 2013 at 4:00 pm
(40) Tamara says:

Please excuse the typos/last sentence.
Its difficult to edit from my smart phone.

May 18, 2013 at 6:40 am
(41) Grandpa In The East says:

Now, melissa, if women were as good as men “God” would have to be a transsexual.

Even worse, mothers, being naturally more nurturing, would then become more important in the eyes of children, in which case, “God” would have had to, early on, have a sex change, and Jesus would have had to be born a girl, which creates a problem since virgin boys would be considered unworthy of impregnating “God,” which would have been necessary since virgin boys can’t give birth. And who would want to worship a boy “Jesus?”

I’m getting dizzy. Think I’ll sit down.

Grandpa

May 19, 2013 at 10:31 am
(42) Grandpa In The East says:

Anonymous,

According to Jesus, how should slaves be treated?

“They should be beaten for disobedience, but not more severely than they deserve. ”

Jesus also said, “I come not to bring peace but a sword.”

Literally? Word for word? You said so.

Google these statements.

Grandpa

July 18, 2013 at 8:38 pm
(43) TT says:

Hello Mr. Cline,
You quote four paragraphs from Scott Jonas who is a Christ-follower. One of the paragraphs mentions that sports will make a female becomes competitive and contentious, therefore, she will against her husband and will have great difficulty in her marriage. The statement is not very persuasive for the following reason.
There is no directly scientific evidence that shows sports make women become contentious to their husbands after they do sports. And actually, doing sports improves people’s marriage happiness. According to WHO—World Health Organization’s research, 25% population among these who visit health service have at least one mental, neurological or behavioral disorder, but most of them are not diagnosed (Sport and DEV, The Health Benefits of Sport and Physical Activity). It’s a big threat to these people’s marriage, because they will inevitably release their suffering on their spouse since they are the closest one to them. While these patients are not treated and religious rules are not always practiced strictly, doing sports can be an efficient way to reduce these disease syndromes. For example, according to a study conducted by New York State Psychiatric Institute in Oct. 2009, doing sports have positive influence on reducing depression which usually causes bad mood and bad temper (J Dev Behav Pediatr , Sports participation as a protective fac). This proves that sports can help wives to stay in a good mood, and hence improve the marriage quality.

July 18, 2013 at 8:40 pm
(44) TT says:

This is the reason that your point is not persuasive. The statement is based on assuming sports make females want to be competitive and contentious over everything, even include love. Scott Jonas writes these sentences only based on his biased opinion and doesn’t provide appropriate evidence to prove them. Unfortunately, you quote his article which lacks of credibility and it makes the soundness of your article reduced as well. Your article will look better if you quote from a logical author next time. This is my suggestion and hope you don’t mind it.
Thanks.

October 10, 2013 at 6:08 pm
(45) Austin Carloniy says:

Ok, so the bible may say that women aren’t allowed to do certain things but, women are people too! Give another reason why women shouldn’t play sports other than something from the bible. You can’t. Ya… this is a rude comment but what you’re saying is the bible says some stuff so you’ll follow? What happens if your best friend jumps off a bridge, you’ll do it too? The bible easily say that men couldn’t do certain things, that is if it was written by women.

October 21, 2013 at 9:54 pm
(46) Amy says:

Why can’t women play sports? It sounds like you have issues with women beating you. If boys can’t handle a girl beating him, then he shouldn’t play. It’s his problem not the girl’s. What you have failed to realize, women want to be remembered in history, they want to achieve things, they have goals and dreams, just like you. This may surprise you but women are people too. This is why people and women are moving away from religion. I am not religious because of people like you telling me I can’t do something because I am a girl. Do not judge me if I am girl, judge me by my character. We want a life too! It’s the 21 century women are Ceo’s, astronauts, doctors, and someday we will have a woman president. Get over it.

I surfed mavericks, only the bravest surfers surf that. Since I surfed it, I am forever equal to you. Beat that. You have to be able to hold your breath 3-4 mins to survive.http://mavericksgirl.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/jena_mavericks21.jpg

October 28, 2013 at 7:28 pm
(47) Kyle King says:

This is so right, you couldn’t have put it better! Bitches ain’t nothin’! I can’t believe that women think they deserve rights! It makes me laugh, they aren’t anything like us men.
*Tips fedora*