There are fierce debates over whether same-sex couples should be allowed to have the same marriage rights and privileges as straight couples do. Some argue that this would undermine the institution of marriage, but other say that it's simply a matter of civil and equal rights. There are even debates among atheists about this -- although atheists in the West tend to support equality for gays, some do oppose gay marriage.
Marriage, Gay & Straight:
- What Is Marriage?
- What's The Point of Marriage, Gay or Straight?
- Marriage: Religious Rite or Civil Right?
- Interracial Marriage: Loving v. Virginia
- What Does the Bible Say About Monogamy, Polygamy?
Gay Rights, Gay Marriage, and Religion:
- Does Equality for Gays Threaten Religious Liberty?
- Does Religious Liberty Protect a Right to Treat Gays as Unequal?
- Is Religiously Motivated Discrimination Against Gays OK?
Arguments Against Gay Marriage:
- Gay Couples are Unnatural
- Marriage Between a Man and a Woman: What is a Man? What is a Woman?
- Marriage is for Raising Children
- Gay Marriage Undermines the Institution of Marriage
- Marriage is Sacred and a Sacrament
- Definition of Marriage Can't be Changed for Gay Couples
Gay Rights, Gay Marriage, and the Law: