1. Religion & Spirituality

Austin Cline

Anal Sex - God's Way!

By March 11, 2005

You might assume that God frowns upon anal sex, but perhaps not. Condemnations of "sodomy" may only apply to homosexual activity; therefore, anal sex between heterosexuals would be just fine.

Sex in Christ explains:

“I thought the Bible said anal sex was a sin.”

This is a common misconception. Anal sex is confusing to many Christians because of the attention paid to the Bible’s condemnation of homosexual acts. However, it’s important to realize that these often quoted scriptures refer only to sexual acts between two men. Nowhere does the Bible forbid anal sex between a male and female.

In fact, many Biblical passages allude to the act of anal sex between men and women. Lamentations 2:10 describes how “The virgins of Jerusalem have bowed their heads to the ground,” indicating how a virginal maidens should position themselves to receive anal sex. Another suggestive scripture tells of a woman’s pride in her “valley” (referring to her buttocks and the cleft between them) and entices her lover to ejaculate against her backside: "How boastful you are about the valleys! O backsliding daughter who trusts in her treasures, {saying,} ' Who will come against me?' (Jeremiah 49:4) And in the Song of Songs, the lover urges his mate to allow him to enter her from behind: “Draw me after you, let us make haste.” (Song of Solomon, 1:4)

Well, I'm certainly convinced! If God approves, then it must be OK...

Read More:

Comments
July 26, 2006 at 9:59 pm
(1) Burn In Hell says:

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? GOD DIDN’T APPROVE ANYTHING. SOME OTHER STUPID SHMUCK POSTED THAT ONLINE AND ALL YOU DID WAS COPY IT. You are an atheist. That means you are the last person to be able to talk about God because you don’t believe in God, you moron.

May 3, 2011 at 2:02 pm
(2) R.C. says:

Though i may agree that God did not necessarily approve of anal sex, I don’t think he would approve of you calling names like “moron” either. Pray for those that do not know the truth, which includes believers as well. Perhaps you are not a believer but if so, remember to be angry and sin not…..God bless and may he insturct all of our hearts to know the truth…..

June 10, 2011 at 3:33 am
(3) Kappy says:

Dear BIH,
Man 2006 was a long time ago, but others may see this blog as I did.

Could you please produce some kind of Scriptural rebuttal? Opinions have no place in Christianity but sound exegesis of Scripture is awesome!

November 3, 2011 at 7:33 pm
(4) chris says:

PLEASE READ THIS!!!!!

This man is a false preacher. He has twisted the BIBlE’s words. If you look at the NIV version of these verses and you read the context you will know the truth! Do not be deceived. If you want to know the truth. Read the verses yourself!

December 9, 2011 at 5:41 am
(5) God says:

yummy buttsecks

July 28, 2006 at 5:43 pm
(6) atheism says:

It’s called “satire.”

September 14, 2006 at 12:04 am
(7) mario says:

God never approved anal sex , the guy who wrote this is not christian. he is interpreting the bible wrong . actually the bible does not even say what he said.

November 29, 2007 at 7:52 pm
(8) Mel says:

sodomy:
1. anal or oral copulation with a member of the opposite sex.
2.copulation with a member of the same sex.
Anal sex is a practice that typically causes conflict between husbands and wives, is thought of as what the Bible condemns as sodomy (although many believe that sodomy is a reference to homosexual anal sex only).
The Bible instructs husbands to love and nurture their wives as Christ loved the Church. Paul wrote, “28Even so husbands should love their wives as [being in a sense] their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself. 29For no man ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and carefully protects and cherishes it, as Christ does the church”
Lust is also a sin in Christianity.
Anal sex is based on lust, not love.
Lust works contrary to love in every way it is selfish and only cares about gratifying its desires. When we follow lust’s impulses, we open the door to other forms of evil which can corrupt our minds and lead us further away from God. Lust cares only for itself. It will hurt, deceive, destroy, lie and anything else it has to do to sustain itself.

Btw, you might want to choose to pick your rationalizations from somewhat legitimate sites. “Sex in Christ” website is one of the most far- fetched interpretations of the Bible. Their interpretations contradict most of the Bible, and most of what is said about Love, Sex, and Marriage.
Better yet, read the Bible yourself.

December 2, 2007 at 5:45 pm
(9) JPrufrock says:

I sincerely doubt this “Atheist” can recall what little bit of the bible he has allegedly read, anyway. Why would any intelligent person want to rely on some imbecile’s online “guide to atheism” when he/she can go straight to the source(s): (ie: principled, brilliant individuals who actually understood what was at stake) Nietzsche and Schopenhauer.

But then, who reads the work itself in order to understand it, as opposed to someone else’s commentary on it, anymore?

July 3, 2008 at 12:15 am
(10) yugtinami says:

Well stated, Mel.

October 1, 2008 at 5:39 am
(11) Neil says:

This Austin Klein guy is an idiot. I have read many of his writings on about.com. He is an anti-theist just like Richard Dawkins. Like George Carlin, it’s going to be a beautiful day when he’s one less atheist on earth…the fool has said in heart, “There is no God”…that’s Klein alright…burn baby burn.

May 18, 2011 at 8:14 pm
(12) alpha & omega says:

you’re such a f*ing hypocrite. you call you’re self a Christian? get the f outta here

October 7, 2008 at 1:24 pm
(13) Todd says:

Is this that Xian mercy and not being judgmental stuff i’ve heard about so much? Or is it that turn the other cheek business? Maybe it’s the love thy neighbor thing….

Neil, do you have anything intelligent to say?

The has said in his heart “there is a god, to save me from having to think for myself, and he speaks to me through George W. Bush”.

See, i can make up crap off the top of my head too.

October 7, 2008 at 2:30 pm
(14) MrMarkAZ says:

Neil @ #7: so you’re saying you think Austin’s hot, then?

>:)

October 7, 2008 at 2:30 pm
(15) John Hanks says:

The fool says in his heart “There is a God” his works.

October 7, 2008 at 2:32 pm
(16) John Hanks says:

The fool says in his heart, “There is a God”, without loving God, man, or his works – including atheists.

October 7, 2008 at 3:53 pm
(17) Marc says:

Hey Neil – You display xianity at it’s best! Judgmental (judge not lest ye be judged), Hateful (love thy neighbor as thyself), etc., etc. Way to drive our point home! By the way, it’s not “anti-theist”, it’s a-theist, there’s a difference. Apparently one of which you are ignorant. WWJD!!

October 7, 2008 at 5:14 pm
(18) mobilediesel says:

Go Neil! For a religion that supposedly preaches “love everyone,” why is it that most of the christians who make their voice heard are so hateful toward others?

October 8, 2008 at 6:02 am
(19) Pedro says:

With this anal sex thing and the Stephen Baldwin thing, is anyone else wondering what on earth austin is up to?

October 10, 2008 at 11:50 pm
(20) Judy says:

Dude, Austin is being sarcastic. He is QUOTING a CHRISTIAN website!

Why not go to the website and tell them that you’re angry they’re misquoting the Bible? Then a horrible atheist like Austin (

October 10, 2008 at 11:52 pm
(21) Judy says:

By the way, what are all you good Christians even doing on this website?

Go away.

October 11, 2008 at 5:00 pm
(22) Chemosh says:

Austin I love the way you get the religious nuts to read your stuff. You can see from the vitriol that your hitting a nerve. As an ex-souther baptist minister I know if THEY really read the bible THEY will wind up an athiest. And then you don’ have to worry which sexual position your delusion will allow. Keep it up! (pun intended!).

October 12, 2008 at 11:30 am
(23) Bob says:

To Burn In Hell, JProfrock and Neil,

Wow, look at that. Christians acting like evil zealots. Certainly the followers of SATAN. I think you should change your “Lord’s Prayer” to “Our father who art on earth” because you obviously subscribe to the way the devil wants things. God would never approve of you calling someone a moron, an idiot or unintelligent. You’re supposed to be kind, understanding and peaceful. Well, I guess you got that one wrong. Go live in hell with the other “Christians” who use the name of god to justify their evil acts and evil words! The rest of us will simply take responsibility for ourselves because we’re not weak-minded enough to believe in fairy tales like Christian Mythology!

October 12, 2008 at 8:34 pm
(24) Den104 says:

Christians post the most hateful comments. I have to laugh when I hear christians judging atheists. They know so little about their own bible, yet they act like the final authority on the subject. Last time I was with my christian friends we were all drinking and smoking and talking all kinds of sinful stuff that most christians love. We had a little weed, but the christians had pain killers, methamphetamine and alcohol. These fine christians were getting wasted, taking god’s name in vain, pretty much doing what all christians do – any damn thing they want. So at one point another person makes a joke at the christians expense. I thought they were going to drop the cigarettes from their mouths as they gaped open in true astonishment. Things went quiet as the believers looked at each other, absolutely baffled that anyone wouldn’t believe in god. It was a true telling moment. A few months later, the woman who raised the biggest ruckus over it died of an overdose of prescription pain medication. She unfortunately was unable to control her own appetite for drugs. Too bad god didn’t save her.

October 13, 2008 at 1:41 pm
(25) Don says:

Den104 says:
Christians post the most hateful comments. I have to laugh when I hear christians judging atheists… Very true friend, but I have a few hateful comments of my own. This is an ATHEIST/AGNOSTIC forum. Stop trolling around like a bunch of LOSERS, TRYING to pick a fight with us. The whole “the fool hath said in his heart, there is no god…” is a bunch of BS. As history (real history) teaches us otherwise. No other faith has caused more pain and suffering, than the one/ones that follow Christ. We can ALL look back and say the Crusades (and other events like it) were a bad thing (fanatical slogan-“GOD WILLS IT!”). Why ONLY in hindsight can we see the errors of our ways, but not realize them in the present? And another thing, history does repeat itself. Ill break it down for you slow Christian types, that believe “because it just is” is a valid and logical argument… George W. Bush, Iraq, Crusades, “GOD WILLS IT!” Spanish Inquisition… Shall I keep going, nah. The last time religion and politics were one and the same, was called the Dark Ages.

October 17, 2008 at 6:11 am
(26) manase@mig33.com says:

“Good people!wakeup its the end of the world,all signs are open and clear.protect your souls from evil”

October 27, 2008 at 8:11 am
(27) Sandman says:

The Bible says that Marraige is honorable and the bed undefiled. So, what a husband and wife does is between them and God. It does not excuse us from behavior that is uncomfortable to our Wife or Husband. I do believe that the old Testament was referring to same sex with to anal activity.

October 29, 2008 at 6:44 am
(28) Manuel says:

A ‘cleft’ is a divide. The anus is not a divide, it is a pucker. The vagina is a divide. Cleft in said passage means ‘vagina’.

A ‘valley’ is like a dip. The anus is not like a dip, it is a pucker. When buttocks part a sort of dip is formed. Valley here refers to parted buttocks.

The passages speak of perhaps entering the vagina from the back and/or enjoying the softness of softness and eroticism of parted buttocked upon the penis.

Neither the anus nor the rectum is mentioned/suggested/indicated in these passages.

This does not say anal sex is bad. It says anal sex is not mentioned in said passages.

January 29, 2009 at 4:14 pm
(29) teamo777 says:

What the Bible says is, to keep yourself from fornication find yourself a spouse, and that the marriage bed is undefiled. So it is meant for husbands and wives to enjoy each other in any way they choose. It also says to not deny your spouse sexually to keep them from straying. Stay out of other people’s bedrooms. What they do, no matter what non/religious POV is adhered to, is none of anyone else’s business. If you don’t like it, don’t do it, if you do like it, and it feels good, do it.

March 24, 2009 at 12:26 pm
(30) Sonservant says:

I would say that none of you in this thread have ever met a real follower of Christ. There are many who spout the title of Christian however they do NOT know Christ because if they knew Him then they would truly have His heart.

The sad thing is that you have interpreted their actions as Christian. Your view of Christ should not be limited by the actions of mankind, for I will tell you that He does not despise you nor does He hate you. On the contrary, Jesus loves every one of us (all mankind) and that is the reason that He died for our sins. God does not want us to suffer in an eternity without Him, this is why He made it possible for us to be reconciled to Himself. Do not let the actions of men come between you and reconciliation with God.

The Bible says, “there will be many false prophets who come in My name”; don’t be misguided by them and allow them to turn you away from the God who loves you and wants you to be reconciled to Him.

April 14, 2009 at 1:35 pm
(31) Kevin clarke says:

Anal copulation is the grossest activity that a couple can practice. As far as I’m concerned, though nothing is mentioned in the bible about it, it can be defined as such kind of activity, no any other words,,
If you do like it shows to what kind of a deformed mental situation you have been fallen,

Above All of you pls Remember, without Holiness no man shall see God.
And I firmly believe people who are interested in doing stuff like these, are abnormal and corrupted minded persons,

Keep yourself cleaned from abnormal sexual activities,

If you are not agreeing with me, you must have moved with prostitutes, or fornicated with an illegal partner.
, you all dumb idiots who like anal sex!!!
Practice in your butt first to experience how gross does it feel. Do not ever use your wife to fulfill your LUST,

Do not get deceived by these kind of dumb atheists, you all are changing Gods word, let the God’s curse be on you,,,

These are the sign of final days; we have come to the end of the “Time of grace.”,

May 4, 2009 at 11:54 am
(32) Todd says:

What amazes me here are the approaches of some who we could interpret to be a christian. Notice your tone of your words and your-self righteous condemnations of your fellow man. Christians are taught to love, show compassion and understanding. Let he with no sins cast the first stone.

July 15, 2009 at 9:16 pm
(33) man says:

Kevin no 26 is well educated on religion and he know what is he saying. Good comment Kevin two thumbs way up

October 15, 2009 at 3:11 pm
(34) Mando2009 says:

Sonservant is right. There are and will be many false prophets in the last days to be lead astray.
In fact. There false prophets out there today. I came across one once before. But, I must say that to becareful becuase there are some/many who know the bible from front to back. And cant twist the truth into a lie.

November 16, 2009 at 12:22 am
(35) Love it! says:

Yeah! Thanks God, I was waiting for you to approve buttsecks. Now excuse me while I stuff the wife like a thanksgiving turkey.

December 9, 2009 at 12:16 am
(36) ITS FUN says:

what if sodomy meant an entire different thing back then what if sodomy just meant rape what now

February 25, 2010 at 11:25 pm
(37) NUNYA says:

NO ONE LISTEN TO THIS GUY, READ THE SCRIPTURE URSELF AND U WILL REALISE THAT HE IS JUST MIXING LOADS OF SCRIPTURES TOGETHER TO LIE TO YOU. READ THE SCRIPTURES SEPARATELY AND YOU WILL KNOW THAT WHAT HE IS SAYING IS INCORRECT!!!!!

February 25, 2010 at 11:26 pm
(38) NUNYA says:

THIS GUY JUST WANTS TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO SIN AND INNONCENT PEOPLE WILL BELIEVE AND FALL INTO SIN WHEN THEY COULD HAVE BEEN SPARED FROM IT. DO NOT BELIVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 14, 2010 at 10:01 am
(39) R U KIDDING says:

You must be kidding. I ended up her searching “what the Bible says about sodomy?”
I could not believe the misinformation and twists that the author is trying to pass-off as Biblical!!!!!
I guess he twist The Word as well as any non-believer.
Sodomy is a sin! By male on male or male on female.
Who would want all the bacteria that rages in the anus flowing into their bodies via their penis????
I was raped by my ex-husband in this manner and he gave my his Hep. C.
God knows best.

August 20, 2011 at 10:24 pm
(40) Cari says:

I love how you condemn anal sex which is not clearly stated as being wrong in the New Testament, but you say on here your “ex husband” which is CLEARLY all over the Bible as being wrong to divorce. Plus, you say that your ex gave you Hep C from anal sex…guess what…..Hep C can be given by REGULAR SEX too! So you really can’t blaim anal sex on that!

June 21, 2010 at 10:38 pm
(41) JustForFlag says:

The first poster said you aren’t qualified to talk about this. He needs evidence.

:D

September 26, 2010 at 3:17 am
(42) CurioslyConfused says:

As far as I was aware the best point made in all the comments that have been left in here is “Judge not lest ye be judged.” Well, I am seeing a lot of judging. From what I remember God gave us free will to do as we chose.
Should we chose to sin as designated by the bible, which is a written interpretation written by a man taking the word of another man that that is what god has said, it is our choice. There should be no contention with this. If someone does as they please then that is their choice.
We have the free will to do as we please, to think as we please, and to believe as we please. It’s part of what makes us human; however, not everything is a choice. Yes, if you are born a certain way and think a certain way you can force yourself to think another way, but it does not change that that was not how you were born.
God does not judge, we do. I had a very good friend of mine tell me that he hopes I burn in hell just because I didn’t believe the way he did. He had just converted to Christianity and the sad thing was that he didn’t know anything about Christianity yet, he was judging me because of who I am.
I have ranted enough to suit my purpose so I will leave you with this: All words can be twisted it is never up to anybody to judge. Not only is it unfair and an immoral act towards the person you are judging, but it does not make you a good person either.

October 25, 2010 at 8:44 pm
(43) My Christian view says:

The Bible says they will know we are Christians by our Love. It always makes me sad when “Christians” behave so mean. We are who the world sees. We are who they will think Jesus is like. Please do not judge who God is by us. People are imperfect and will always fail, but God’s love is unfailing.

November 3, 2010 at 1:52 pm
(44) LMAO says:

looks like the sheep are pissed – and how is it that they manage to come to this site – that in itself is enough of a sin to send them all to hell. so glad i never got brainwashed, i can actually think for myself. everything is based on interpretation and to say that this was interpreted wrong…..how do you know? me – i dont care, i just thought this was funny – sent it out to all my bible thumper friends. LMAO – good times.

November 27, 2010 at 6:39 pm
(45) What?? really ashamed says:

I’m young jus got saved…and these comments are disturbing…i’ll be praying for all of you. You people who say christians do worldly things..it’s not all u very judgemental people. And i think God would be angered by this little..whatever it is this “austin” dude put up…so it’s only natural for his followers who believe in him be angered by it too..i mean c’mon..the living KING OF ALL KINGS The MESSIAH. THE ALMIGHTY. SAVIOUR n REDEEMER. ALPHA n OMEGA..how could u ppl even sit dwn n write such vile things to each other..n even worse..about God!! Have u no shame?? If you all aren’t careful u may surely feel God’s wrath…which i hope u dnt cuz i’ll be praying for the lot of u. I still can’t digest it…dey mon dis here really jus messed up ayo got it fo a joke..keep on messing with God..go on!

December 5, 2010 at 2:52 am
(46) jeremyc says:

It is my belief that the single greatest cause of atheism in the world today is Christians…or those who CLAIM to be Christians by proclaiming Christ with their mouths, and then denouncing Him with their actions. This is what an unbelieving world simply finds…unbelievable.

December 5, 2010 at 9:47 am
(47) Austin Cline says:

It is my belief that the single greatest cause of atheism in the world today is Christians.

And why do you believe it? Do you have evidence to support it, or is this just an article of faith because it reinforces ideological preconceptions?

January 22, 2011 at 6:25 am
(48) James the just says:

My focus on this critic would show that Christianity qualifies like many other religions as being false.

First and foremost, it reminds me of the Islam-phobia who accuse the Prophet of having consumed marriage with an 9 years old: They are calling Islam a religion of pedophiles.. If you point out to them that with Judaism it was ok to marry with 3 years old females + one day, and it was ok to have sex with them, they tend to become silent.. as well as in Judaism, killing any enemy infant above 3 or raping them was prescribed in the Torah..

Also the claim that Jesus himself was the Messiah foretold in the old testament is a complete fraud , this as much as unreliable the old testament is.. Its incompatible with the original Hebraic text of the Hebrews.

The new testament, as fabled as it is, as many times as it was re-written and translated to make believe Mary was a virgin is a fraud and it is also incompatible with Judaism.

In term of strategy, it was an error for the early church to try reconcile christian with the old bible by re-translating the old testament; it also created the first split with the Marcionists whom realized that the God, Christ spoke of was different than the God the Bible talked about.

January 22, 2011 at 6:29 am
(49) James the Just says:

There are reasons why Judaism rejected Jesus mainly because his views on eunuchs or homosexuals :

Gospel of Matthew 19:3-12

The Pharisees also came unto Him, testing Him and saying unto Him, “Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?”
4And He answered and said unto them, “Have ye not read, that He that made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5and said, `For this cause shall a man leave father and mother and shall cleave to his wife, and the two shall be one flesh’? 6Therefore they are no more two, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.”7They said unto Him, “Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement and to put her away?”
8He said unto them, “Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, suffered you to put away your wives, but from the beginning it was not so.
9And I say unto you, whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery; and whoso marrieth her who is put away doth commit adultery.”
10His disciples said unto Him, “If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.”
11But He said unto them, “All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.12For there are some eunuchs who were so born from their mother’s womb, and there are some eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven’s sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.”

January 22, 2011 at 6:30 am
(50) James the just says:

Jesus’ praise for those who have made themselves eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven has, for many centuries, been interpreted by Christian theologians as a metaphor for celibacy, since the term “eunuch” normally referred to a castrated man.[1] Some Christians (including, according to a few sources, Origen) went farther than this by interpreting Jesus’ words literally and hence physically castrating themselves as an act of devotion.[2] The early Church Father Tertullian, who wrote that Jesus himself lived as a eunuch,[3] likewise encouraged people to adopt this practice

And not only Christ was an euneuch but was also in love with Lazarus the beloved disciple)

Gospel of Mark (removed)

“And the youth, looking upon him (Jesus), loved him and beseeched that he might remain with him. And going out of the tomb, they went into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days, Jesus instructed him and, at evening, the youth came to him wearing a linen cloth over his naked body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God”.

Now not that I have anything against homosexuals nor will I defend them; I don’t care. although it was common in these times as in as today to have same gender “love” , his views and life were not welcome by the Rabbis. Actually the concept of homosexuality did not exist : Sexual relations weren’t based on gender preference. Sex only happened between dominants and submissive ie a free man could have sex with a woman, a slave, or a boy. That would be natural. In fact Jesus was not dominant: Jesus reversed the traditional behavior. He did things that are termed passive or womanly, dishonorable in male society. He washed his apostles’ feet. He preached, ‘Blessed are the meek.’ Jesus urged men to give up power. He presented a radical model of being a man, his behavior indicated that he was a bottom.

January 22, 2011 at 6:31 am
(51) James the just says:

Its is not surprising that the Roman Catholic Church image has been afflicted with homosexuality and pederasty. About the third century, homosexuality was so extended that the Church started to make purges but without success. In todays time, it is now having thousands and thousands court cases because of its pedophiles priests in every country of the world.. This did not change much in 2000 years.

The Gospels were written from greek translation nearly 70 years after Christ death; the Gospel of Mark being the only one referring to histori al jesu of Christ, he is the only one refering to his baptism ( see criterion of embarassment)

This said, the gospels conflict with each others as to whether Christ was born from a Virgin or only became the Son of God after his baptism, it also put in question Church claim that Christ was without sin.

However what Christ says does not constitute proof that he was the son of God or the Messiah. Also completely idiotic is the trinity doctrine only sleeping zombies would believe in.

Jesus physical history is relatively poor, although his message that god is a god or mercy is very nice, but it seem that a lots of jesus stuff was omitted/censored.

If Judaism is a false religion, Christianity is probably also a false religion baring today its homosexual fruits. If Christianity would have been a religion of truth, They could had revealed that Christ sexuality was ambiguous, However since the tremendous amount of homophobia in the world religious departments. Scholars and churches would fear this could lead to professional suicide to admit it

Lost of Christianity would not be a great loss, Christianity’s rule in general has been counter productive and genocidal. The irrationals would claim that men committed these sins, not God. Of course they were men, however they were religious men following false beliefs..

January 22, 2011 at 6:34 am
(52) James the just says:

I am not judging god but religion ( amid some nice stuff Christ said) and if we consider today’s time, our way of thinking did not evolves much in 2000 years, regardless of our new technologies. We are committing the same mistakes as 2000 years ago: we didn’t change since the roman empire.

There isn’t much to say about Judaism and the old testament as unreliable historically this book is. Judaism was borrowed from the old Syrian and Assyrian empires, it is filled with falsities.

Now I do not deny God exist but certainly not the genocidal God as described a God that commits
patricide, matricide and infanticide of Arabs in all impunity nor do I believe Jews were the chosen ones. Jesus may have died innocently on the cross but hardly for my sins, I wasn’t even born then.

Personally, I was raised Catholic and it is not difficult to see that it was a religion imposed by fear and that this sect survives today mostly with people despair, illness or depressions.

I choose not to live in an artificial world ; its make long time I ceased to believe in a Christ, an Obama , Barney the dinosaur and Santa Claus.

My soul belongs to myself, not to a god and neither to a devil and personally I do not see their relevance in my life at all.

Regardless although there is nothing that condemn anal sex or praise it in the Bible and considering The Bible is subject to interpretation as for what the term sodomy mean as unverifiable both the old and new testaments are : sex is to provide the love one with pleasure; so if your partner enjoys anal sex, take your time and make it last.
God probably does not care if you do or don’t.. and Jesus appeared to have enjoyed anal sex from the bottom position

January 24, 2011 at 9:32 am
(53) patrick says:

GOD had never said anything from the bible as anal sex so my friend before publishing suchwritings of urs make sure u studied the word of the creator very well from start to end.u are a usurper trying to deviate christian.be careful i do not accept that.

February 23, 2011 at 3:20 am
(54) Recipient says:

Many women and men *enjoy* RECEIVING anal sex. Why in the world should anyone claim there is anything wrong with it, if that is the case?

Obviously, to each his or her own, if you don’t enjoy it, that’s fine. But why advocate such general prohibitions when each person is different?

My husband and I sometimes have anal, and I enjoy it quite a lot (as does he). The fact that I won’t mention this to other Christian friends (I am Christian by the way) only shows how uptight we are and that lack of honest communication about important subjects just keeps some of us in the dark ages.

March 29, 2011 at 7:47 am
(55) PERSONNA HALL says:

GOD DONT APPROVE OF ANAL SEX . AND YOU SHOULD BE A SHAME OF YOUR SELF.

April 7, 2011 at 11:12 pm
(56) castthefirststone says:

it is funny how you say he interpreted the bible wrong, honestly that is the glory of it. you can see it in your eyes how you want. why do you think there are so many churches… look people are way too quick to judge others which is hypocritical… you say he should burn but in the bible it states that you shouldn’t judge. the bible is a book of guidelines and stories. it has meaning yes, but really people asked a question and he answered it to the best of his ability and this is how he interpreted the passages. he isnt wrong but since his interpretation is different than yours you see him as wrong..

April 23, 2011 at 4:33 pm
(57) jasmin says:

As a woman I cant love and respect a man who wants to have sex in this nasty and unnatural way.And it must be Sin.
if it wouldnt be then anus woudnt be an organ for shi**ing.

July 27, 2011 at 5:38 pm
(58) Keith says:

Don’t woman urinate from their vaginas…isn’t that also considered human waste?

June 23, 2011 at 6:56 pm
(59) Ronnie says:

Who cares what some old book says. I’ve had no complaints when I’ve had anal sex with women (in fact I’ve been asked to do it), so get yourself some hot *** and enjoy life!

September 20, 2011 at 4:30 pm
(60) Aaron Barrabo says:

God loves anal sex.

December 16, 2011 at 6:04 am
(61) Larry Flint says:

I have actually had anal sex with god… I bent him over and took him straight to pound town.

He approved. Case closed.

February 26, 2012 at 8:23 am
(62) tinyan says:

Hey Larryflint don’t u fear God. May God have mercy on you. If u read the Scriptures above it has nothing to do with what this writer wrote. Just because someone talks about God or Christ doesn’t make hIm a Christian with regards to some comments above a Christian Is like Christ even In conversation

March 16, 2012 at 2:58 pm
(63) God says:

who cares about a book writen by bronze age ppl?
… anal is great, my wife asks all the time :)

anal ftw

September 15, 2012 at 7:53 pm
(64) really says:

You can’t be serious the fact this guy even wrote this article simply to anger Christians makes him an utter moron… And I’m an atheist

October 22, 2012 at 8:08 pm
(65) Wendy257 says:

I love ( JUDY SAYS) comment.what are you “Christains” doing at this website,? but everybody is entitle to their opinion.

November 2, 2012 at 8:22 pm
(66) anonymous girl says:

I hate that most of the people who claim to be Christians are in fact the ones who judge. That’s why I hesitate calling myself a Christian. But it’s not about who I am associated with, but Who I am glorifying. As Christians we are supposed to love the person, but hate the sin. As far as I can tell, the Bible is not totally clear about anal sex, but IS very clear about homosexual acts.
I am sorry to those who hate Christians (or those who just call themselves Christians) because you have been hurt or judged. It makes me cringe to read all those comments left. But please remember this: we are human too. We all have fallen short of the glory of God. That includes Christians.
I hope and pray that God will show you all the real and true “Christianity.” Because the real thing, is so caring, loving, kind, non-judgmental, and Christ-like that you won’t see the person and the flaws, but the great, powerful, and saving God Who cares and loves everyone. But also remember this: He cannot tolerate sin. It cannot stand in His presence.

November 17, 2012 at 12:22 am
(67) willofm says:

I think many have missed the pun. I have spent the last 15 min. Laughing first at the original comments, second at the stream of arguements for and against religion. I am terribly sorry for imposing on an atheist website. I am not atheist.
It seems you me that both sides of this issue are set on a fight and the militant minorities get you speak the most. Historically those minorities have caused the worst attrocities. WWII,9/11,the crusades. So please when a bigotted comment comes you mind remember what christian(crusades) and atheist(WWII) bigotted minorities that seemed funny and trivial did.

November 23, 2012 at 3:57 pm
(68) nashka says:

My job had a Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. We were asked to gather around the table for a prayer. My manager knows i am atheist and approached me before the dinner and asked me to just bow my head and go with it to not cause an issue. I didn’t bow anything, but why should i bow to other peoples insecurities.

November 25, 2012 at 4:19 am
(69) Terence Moodie says:

At comment 6: “atheism: it’s called ‘satire’ “, Austin left the clue most commenters seemed to have missed. Anyone who followed the link “Sex in Christ” would have quickly realized that “Anal Sex – God’s Way! ” was but one of a number of articles satirising sex in a religious context. Way to go the Cline sense of humor!

March 29, 2013 at 3:32 pm
(70) Ellen says:

Anal sex is vile. It is a selfish act, with no concern for the woman. Would a man let a woman penetrate his ass with a dildo? Doubt it! Women need to get a backbone and tell their selfish husband to get a life. Why on earth would you want to get shit on your penis?! Ugh!!!

March 29, 2013 at 5:03 pm
(71) Austin Cline says:

Anal sex is vile. It is a selfish act,

No more so than any other sex act and less than many.

with no concern for the woman.

Some enjoy it.

Would a man let a woman penetrate his ass with a dildo? Doubt it!

Quite the contrary, actually. There are quite a large number of “toys” out there which are designed for exactly that in mind.

And this doesn’t even take into account all the men who have other men do it to them – they known as “gay”. Have you hear of them?

You see, man have something in their bodies called a “prostate.” Read up on it.

Women need to get a backbone and tell their selfish husband to get a life.

And… do what, have anal sex with other people instead?

Why on earth would you want to get shit on your penis?! Ugh!!!

In reality, that’s not a necessary aspect of anal sex, either for gay or for straight couples.

April 5, 2013 at 3:22 pm
(72) JTL says:

Oh, my! Such vitriol, lucidity and seriousness from the “Christian” community!
All you believers are barking up the wrong tree(as usual) by repeating hearsay. Not one of you is a bible scholar with true credentials. Each of you believes the bullshit interpretations that some uneducated preacher has proffered and have no idea about reality whatsoever.

April 6, 2013 at 11:23 pm
(73) Lisa says:

This is probably one of the funniest threads I have read on any of Austin’s articles. My first impression is to notice how illiterate most of the Christian responders seem to be. My second is that why on earth does anybody care what anybody else does? My third is that most people who are against anal sex are only against it because they think it’s icky. Well, yes. Some women like it. Some men like being penetrated with a dildo because it really IS the only way to stimulate the man’s prostate, which can help to give him a really powerful orgasm.

Y’all give me endless hours of amusement.

October 14, 2013 at 4:54 pm
(74) edwapa says:

lisa–i now understand why the romans fed them to lions, many xians are ignorant, abusive, i just not worth much more then lion food, i guess. here they are entertainment with their posts-then they were entertainment by being food. those poor victims.

December 28, 2013 at 1:23 pm
(75) shet says:

I was wondering this when we all get there to heaven will everybody say there god was better .I would like to think god is good and he is in everything I’m tired of being confused on what my enter gut feels …if it feels right to one then so be it I be leave we all have a spirit and soul live by it forget about about what others say god is good and he does have a sence of Hummer