1. Religion & Spirituality

Austin Cline

Why God Created Witchcraft

By November 18, 2003

Were you aware that God created witchcraft? Yes indeed - many Christians may believe that witchcraft is a creation of Satan; thus, use of witchcraft puts a person on the path to following Satan. In reality, however, God wants witchcraft to exist and wants people to use it!

According to Mmegi Online:

Dingaka Tsa Setso Association President Lesegolame Semathu confirmed the high level of witchcraft in Botswana. He said each tribe uses it differently. He pointed out that there are two types of witchcraft - one based on hatred, jealousy, selfishness and envy, while the other is the opposite. The first form, where people use evil to hurt one another is the most dangerous, but also the most common. Semathu added that God had intentionally created witchcraft to make life more dramatic. “Life would be very boring without ups and downs,” he said.

Well, there you have it. There is good and bad witchcraft, but witchcraft in general was created by God in order that our lives not be too boring. Isn't that great to know? I feel so much better now... pass some herbs!

Thanks Gullibility for the link!

Read More:

Comments
October 11, 2008 at 8:11 pm
(1) Child of God says:

God did not create witchcraft. He loathes and despises witchcraft. It is completely against him. God is holy. How is it possible that a holy God would tolerate an evil practice?! Witchcraft is of satan. In fact the word craft stems from the word crafty. Something that is crafty is shady, sly or secretive. You say that God created witchcraft so we would never become bored. Yet the truth is simply this. God is a gift to us. God gave us himself so we would never be bored. He is the only source to true satisfaction, and a non-boring life. Witchcraft is an abomination to him. You say that there is a type of witchcraft used for good, but that is impossible when the creator of witchcraft, Satan, has no good thing about him. He has used the form of deception to deceive people that witchcraft is good, and okay. But it’s anything but okay. Witchcraft can only bring forth destruction. God can bring forth peace. The word of God, Bible, states that Satan comes to steal, kill, and destroy. He has used witchcraft as a tool to fulfill his plans, and it’s working. Witchcraft has deceived so many into believe it is innocent. Satan is so crafty, that he’s made it so appealing. But the fruit of witchcraft will bring forth destruction. Do not be deceived. Seek the loving Jesus, who will give you peace, love, joy, and all satisfaction. He died on the cross for your sins. Repent and be saved, and know the peace and everlasting love of God. He loves you soooo much!!!! And when you receive Christ as your savior, you will know that you know that you know, he alone satisfies. God bless you!!!

December 22, 2011 at 12:14 pm
(2) George says:

Noones secretive obviously Im proud and love god more than anything else hes saved my life countless times but if he gave nature and us human being extra protection against the horrible and often powerful evil why not use it. I would never dare call anyone an abomination for believing anything that helps them spread love and joy and offer protection against evils. AND if you were a REAL christian or catholic you would know that god loves all and so should we, we are meant to be humble. Someone all knowing like you willing to pass judgement on others where you have no place will be judged yourself. Evil comes forth in deceiving ways true, but even ignorant and twisted faith in God can be used by demons, maybe your the one whose being fooled. Hopefully God turns you back to the right path.

December 3, 2008 at 7:33 pm
(3) Witch says:

you’re a dumbass.
maybe you should get your face out of christianity for a while too.

if you knew anything about witchcraft, then you would know that satan is a christian creation. we do not believe in any devil or demons. we don’t need an evil to manipulate us into doing the right thing, since we know what’s right.

frankly, you can keep your devil. cause we don’t want him.

April 22, 2009 at 2:42 am
(4) Hannah says:

WTF

July 24, 2009 at 9:49 am
(5) Everything says:

very interesting that you seem to think GOD created witchcraft to make life more interesting… from what I read about GOD, HE seems to despise it. go figure. well, you know, I guess GOD is Still shrouded in Mysteries, perhaps GOD just wants people to Know HIM and since witchcraft is not the entrance into KNOWING GOD, then what’s the point? weird. but you know… perhaps that is why WE should seek knowledge, and since the ultimate knowledge is Knowing THIS GREAT AWESOME INFINITE BEING known as GOD, then perhaps WE should start there… don’t You think? think about it.

Well, that makes sense to me.

until then, what can we know anyway, just wonderings and ponderings. It’s Good to KNOW!

Right?

So, how do you know that you know?

How do you know if you KNOW?

How do you know that you know?

How can you know?

What is Knowing?

an ideology?

an ascribed belief system?

or is there something else?

perhaps to KNOW we have to step into the realm called the absolute that is above this world, this solar system, this galaxy… that orders the elements of the Universe…

Perhaps that is a Higher perspective by which to define “knowing”

and it is always best to know…

What does THE ALL KNOWING GOD say about the subject?

instead of surmising, let us seek Knowledge… not the kind that justifies our apathy, wickedness, laziness,and basic corruption,let us instead see what else there is to know beyond what the base human nature wants to believe.

That takes courage.

That takes committment.

That takes True Seeking.

That takes death of the small so that one may Enter into THE GREAT.

it’s not easy…

but then that’s how You winnow the chaff from the grain.

makes sense?

August 2, 2009 at 7:11 pm
(6) gods child says:

What u just said doesn’t make any sense to me. I think u didn’t undestand what u just said I agree wit child of god the devil comes to steal, kill and destroy the devil is like a lion seeking whom he shall devow read ezekiel 13:17-23 and u would know what gods says about witch craft

June 6, 2011 at 4:26 am
(7) ShadowWolf says:

ok so i have read two sides to the story and ill break it down. for one when u look at the bible now you have to realize that it has ofcourse been translated, now to get the full meaning of what the intention was you have to look at what words were used to start with. now the part that seys you shouldnt suffer a witch to live actually said you shouldnt suffer a posiner to live now if you look at a book from italy that was prented in 1899 it gives the idea that the craft as we know it today started by useing knowlidge of plants to poisen the wicked and hypocrits. later that was condemed. now what was said is right there is bad and good magick think about this… Going by the bible Moses was raised by the egyptions and was trained just like they were. now when he and moses went aginst them it seys they preformed the same feats for example aaron and the staff that he turned into a snake. not both partys did this and since the egyptions had bad intent in mind they lost but they two used the same power as moses which he got from God so wes God gave them the power also when Jesus spoke to his diciples he said go and teach and heal he didnt say pray that i will heal them so yes that is a form of power aka witchcraft. if you use it to conect with God and the earth witch craft is a great thing however if u use it for bad then it is not same as anything just think about this.

August 11, 2009 at 3:32 pm
(8) Todd says:

@5

Maybe that’s because you’re a 15 year old dullard who can’t spell or punctuate.

i hope you’re a troll and not actually as dumb as that post makes you seem.

March 13, 2010 at 11:03 am
(9) mark says:

Witch says:

you’re a dumbass.
maybe you should get your face out of christianity for a while too.

______________________________

You’re the dumbass. That’s wicca, that doesn’t believe in the Christian devil. Witchcraft sometimes can directly involve the devil/demons.

But no. The Christian God never said he wanted us to use witchcraft, it was developed from ancient religious teachings. He actually states not to use witchcraft or anything of the occult.

I hate reading uneducated articles like Austin Cline’s. He even has “Thanks Gullibility for the link!”. Click it and read all the writing at the very top title of the page.

May 3, 2011 at 8:43 am
(10) lebogang says:

that’s true my dear nothing but the whole truth

March 24, 2010 at 4:05 pm
(11) Christian Against Occultists says:

Just having one bad quote does not mean a thing. Most witches try to say Satan does not exist. There are even some “Christian” witches. They are in direct defience with God. How about you do more than ten minutes of research? I’ve spent several months learning about this.

Next time you try something like this, try to read the Bible. Then, maybe, you’d see the truth.

March 24, 2010 at 4:08 pm
(12) Austin Cline says:

What god?

Several years of research is what led me to reject your religion in the first place.

I’ve read the Bible several times. Several translations. A couple of different languages.

It’s as credible as belief in witchcraft.

June 9, 2010 at 7:12 pm
(13) Mandy says:

We can all go back n forth a thousand times, spouting jargon n pretend that we all know whats best for this world BUT self righteousness can be an evil within itself. As long as you have faith…..TRUE FAITH, does the rest really matter? Regardless, God created all we work with in nature n we work to replenish this earth not to harm it or anyone for that matter! This is just another way to separate us all n thats not what God wants. Any hate against any group is the “stupidity” spoken of, not correct spelling or making fun of someone! Thats true hate n its ugly!!!! Work in the light of life. The truth will then be reveled to you.

September 9, 2010 at 5:09 pm
(14) Willow says:

Who’s right? Are Christians the only religion that could possibly be right…because the Bible says so? People have faith in many “higher beings”. I beleive if you do what’s right, live your life to the fullest, and treat others as you would want to be treated, then you’re on the right path. I can’t imagine someone like Charles Manson is going to Heaven because all of a sudden he’s repented and has taken the Lord into his heart…then someone like me, who is always kind to others, doesn’t steal, doesn’t kill, helps others that are less fortunate is doomed to go to hell. There are a lot of books out there, which one is right? When there is no hard evidence, and so many bad things happen to so many good people, it’s really hard to have “faith”.

October 20, 2010 at 5:24 pm
(15) Brandon says:

It’s true. But God calls it High Magic its a higher level thats more powerful than witchcraft. But takes years of practice and has complicated rituals, but when done right, instant relults and very powerful ones at that.Even though Mediums and Spiritists are said to be evil, They can accually help us and some who are are Christian.I am a Catholic who respects all religions.

January 10, 2011 at 2:29 pm
(16) CO-PASTORCHERISE GEORGE says:

are you kidding? God didn’t create witchcraft!! he has nothing to do with evil. the best thing you can do is repent.

June 6, 2011 at 4:45 am
(17) ShadowWolf says:

Judge not lease ye be judged. Ask and ye shall recive, knock and it shall be open unto you seek and ye shall find. Love thine eniemy as thyself. He without sin shall cast the first stone. you are saying that you have never studied witchcraft or the religions of paganism yet you have the right to call us evil to call our belifes evil? How dare you call yourself a christian(Christ like). I have never ever read the story where he denined to cast out demans because the person was evil, I have never read of him saying that we should judge and condem people you make me sick do yourself a favor get on google and look up Tempest Smith and tell me that she was evil because she loved the craft and also see what led to her distruction! it is blind sided people like you who have made me sad that i was rasied christian and that i ever preached the word of your God. Now i respect all people and beliefs as long as they are for peace and understanding and us HEATHENS AND PAGANS AND WITCHES would like the same respect that we show you all when you knock on our doors, I have never turned down a christian from comeing into my house. if I am evil and hell is my outcome them I am so glad that the people there are like me and truly know how to respect and care for others and i will be happier there then i could ever be in your heaven with judgementel snobs.

April 12, 2011 at 7:47 am
(18) kirsty says:

I believe in god and wicca. i go to church every Sunday and do wicca every Friday does this make me a bad person. NO it don’t most people that know me knows i do nothing for self gain i give to all that need me be it gods work or wicca. I believe that what ever faith you have is right as long as you do right by your self and others it don’t matter what faith you have.

May 3, 2011 at 8:37 am
(19) lebogang says:

GOD did not create witchcraft so in other words we saying that those who are using witchcraft are from GOD…No not at all witchcraft is formed by evil people not by GOD so life will not be boring without witchcraft actually it will be much easier there’s a lot of things that can make life entertaining unlike for the whole someone who is called chief believes that witchcraft is from GOD how Stupid is that for someone at his level but he should know that when it comes to GOD we all equal so what he is saying is absolute crap.

March 1, 2012 at 7:39 pm
(20) Jeremiah says:

Half of these comments have very bad reasons for either argument, whether for witchcraft or against it. No God is not the Creator of witchcraft, he is the Creator of free will which has been misused.
@(2) . “AND if you were a REAL christian or catholic you would know that god loves all and so should we, we are meant to be humble.”

God does love all, that doesn’t mean he accepts all, and yes He does say not to judge other people. In Matthew 7 it says Do not judge, or you too will be judged. Later in the same passage, verse 15, it says to beware of false prophets who come in sheep’s clothing and that we will know them by their fruits, meaning their actions, words, thoughts, etc. and we should judge them not based on their heart if our heart is not right, but by their actions. In Luke 4 a demon-possessed man comes to Him while He was preaching and called Jesus the “Holy One of God.” Jesus proceeded to rebuke him because he does not need an ungodly witness to testify of his mighty power.

@(12) If you HONESTLY did research and had an OPEN mind to it you would easily see God in our everyday life. Evolution takes more faith than belief in God because God left us subtle evidence of His existence.
1.) Radiometric dating is completely invalid because you must ASSUME COMPLETELY that the carbon-14, potassium-40, bidium-87 etc. all started with the exact same density and decayed at the exact same time for your “Billions of Years.” Evolution also relies on circular reasoning to keep itself alive.
2.) Finding marine fossils on mountains all over the world is some pretty strong evidence of a global flood.
3.) The fact that you cannot find the complete Geological column in the exact order ANYWHERE on earth is a huge fall. You would think with this many questions already, they would have tossed the theory by now, but instead it is easier and better in their mind to not have accountability to anyone and live as they want

March 2, 2012 at 11:05 am
(21) Austin Cline says:

Prove it.

Prove it.

March 26, 2012 at 9:07 am
(22) D'Antre Bennett says:

i believe that witchcraft is nor good or evil it all depends on the witch if the witch takes it to a darker place than that witch shall go to hell but if your a humble sweat witch then your ok see i figure just because people are christian they put it in their minds that all witches are bad but, just because back then witches gave themselves bad names dosen’t mean that now on this very earth today that witches are bad. christians clame that they are a child of god but, so are witches we all were created from god and for people just to clame that witches are bad that is a sin just by people claiming that because god accepts all people just can’t go and say just because you do witchcraft your going to hell. Thats judging people and that’s just something god dosen’t do god loves all

November 22, 2012 at 11:35 pm
(23) Biglegs says:

Read your bible all else said matters not!

“Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live”
Exodus 22: 18

March 1, 2013 at 2:44 pm
(24) me says:

That’s the dumbest excuse I have ever heard we are not Gods play toys God love each and every one of us and he would never create such a thing that could drag a human to hell just because he wanted some drama

June 1, 2013 at 9:37 am
(25) curious says:

Okay, so I came to this website to see how people really feel about witchcraft. I am not a witch but all of my life, as far back as I can remember, I have had the feeling that I was connected to something that you can’t see. It is a connection to the earth, animals, it is hard to explain. At the risk of sounding corny or dumb, it is as if I am in tune with the universe around me. I have had premonitions, my hearts deepest and most sincere wants and needs manifest without me doing anything, no I’m not a millionaire I don’t hit the lotto everytime I play. I guess what I am trying to say is I feel that I have a natural gift, and if it is not something that I actively sought out then where did it come from if not from GOD?( Yes I do believe in God and I do worship God.) Are you people claiming to be Christians saying that I was born EVIL?

June 1, 2013 at 3:13 pm
(26) Austin Cline says:

What you describe are feelings, not gifts. Where do feelings come from? Your brain. No gods are required.

June 12, 2013 at 6:19 pm
(27) JohnR says:

Austin, please don’t waste your valuable time answering these witches, wiccans and god-botherers. Most of your posts and the responses are interesting. These responses are asinine.

July 14, 2013 at 12:55 pm
(28) Grandpa In The East says:

>>>I guess what I am trying to say is I feel that I have a natural gift, and if it is not something that I actively sought out then where did it come from if not from GOD? <<<

Perhaps you answered the question. Same place you got your nose.

Its a NATURAL gift!

Grandpa

November 15, 2013 at 4:29 am
(29) TheFeralChild says:

Witchcraft can be defined as the performance of magic forbidden by God for non-biblical ends. In Ezekiel 13: 17-23 Black Magic is discussed: “Now , son of man, set your face against the daughters of your people who prophesy (Psychic people) out of their imagination. Prophesy against them and say, `This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Woe to the women who sew magic charms on all their wrists and make veils of various lengths for their heads in order to ensnare people. Will you ensnare the lives of my people but preserve your own? You have profaned me among my people for a few handfuls of barley and scarps of bread. By lying to my people, who listen to lies, you have killed those who should not have died and have spared those who should not live’.” And in verse 20, “`Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against your magic charms with which you ensnare people like birds and I will tear them from your arms; I will set free the people that you ensnare like birds. I will tear off your veils and save my people from your hands, and they will no longer fall prey to your power. Then you will know that I am the LORD. Because you disheartened the righteous with your lies, when I had brought them no grief, and because you encouraged the wicked not to turn from their evil ways and so save their lives, therefore you will no longer see false visions or practice divination. I will save my people from your hands. And then you will know that I am the LORD’.”